DIY Mystery Hat Box - Best Practices
Looking for some tips, tricks and best practices for making your new DIY Hat Box? Then you've come to the right place!
Tools you will need:
- Hot glue gun with glue
- Optional but helpful: Needle & thread, thimble, wire cutters
Tips, tricks and best practices:
- Start with the added trimming around the hat at one side. Use minimal glue on center front of hat.
- Feathers are usually next and only glued towards the bottom. Add at the sides to cover up where the trim is connected
- Then layer in the greenery & flowers, typically largest to smallest
- Use the tulle, netting and fabric to fill in gaps. You can gather them into balls or fans and then tuck into spaces to hide glued and unsightly areas. Goal is to hide all the stems, glue etc.
- Buttons are best sewn on with thread, but can be glued.
- Bows are also sewn on with thread, but can be glued.