One-of-a-Kind Dirndl Sale - FAQ
Happening January 29, 2020 (time TBD)
This is the Super Awesome One-of-a-Kind Sale and it is a very unique sale! Over the years, fabric has built up around here. From unique vintage fabrics and remnants that are too cool to pass up at the store (or added to cart because then we got free shipping 😂), to left-overs from other projects. We have SO MUCH FABRIC! And now we want to cut it all up and use it to make you something super awesome!
Last year we SOLD OUT in 27 minutes, so if you want in, make sure you are on the email list and ready to order at the right time (TBD)
You can only get a One-of-a-Kind Sale Dirndl if you are on the VIP List.
Here’s how it works:
- You decide you’d like a One-of-a-Kind Sale Dirndl for $398 (less than ½ what a Custom Dirndl would cost)
- You go to the website and Click on the One-of-a-Kind Sale Dirndl
- You choose your size (check out http://raredirndl.com/pages/sizing-questions for sizing questions and how to measure)
- Then you choose your length preference: Mini -20 inches from the waist to the hem (for someone 5’4” that’s about knee length) or Medi -26 inches from the waist to the hem (for someone 5’4” that’s about mid calf)
- Then scroll down to the notes section and type in your top 2 color choices.
- Checkout and you are officially on your way to getting a One-of-a-Kind Dirndl!
- We get your order, check what colors you like and see what fabrics we have that match your color choices and how we can use them together to create a dirndl that you’ll love.
- We will e-mail you a couple swatches to choose from and based on your choices we will design a dirndl. Designer Erika will briefly describe your dirndl to you via email to make sure that her idea is matching up with your style preferences. No sketches will be drawn up.
- And then we get to work cutting, sewing and prepping your dirndl for its arrival at your door! Approximate delivery date is June 1st.
Q: What is the difference between the One-of-a-Kind Sale Dirndl and a Custom Dirndl?
A: With a Custom Dirndl you are involved in every step of the design process and Erika hunts down the fabrics and trims that your heart desires. She does multiple sketches, has virtual fittings, and spends close to 25+ hours on these dirndls. The One-of-a-Kind Sale Dirndl utilizes fabrics that we have in stock at the studio and we will make the most popular style dirndl (Classic Square Neckline Dirndl) to bring the price down for you.
Q: How do I know what size I am?
A: That’s our most commonly asked question, so we made videos to help. Click here to have all your sizing questions answered.
Q: The ONLY way to get a One-of-a-Kind Sale dirndl is to be on the VIP list, so how do I get on the VIP list?
A: Easy, Click here and fill our your name and email!
Q: Why are you only taking 20 orders?
A: That’s as much as we can handle and delivery on time. We want to make sure that you have the best product and in order to do that we need to put a cap in it. Don’t want to over stretch those design muscles!
Q: Are there plus sizes?
A: You betcha! This dirndl can be made up to size 30.
Q: What exactly does the One-of-a-Kind Dirndl look like?
A: Well obviously since it's one-of-a-kind, each dirndl will be different based on your color and theme choices, but they are all the same neckline, our most popular style... the Square Neckline.
So what does that looks like? Here is a basic sketch to help give you an idea.
Q: What if I want a different bodice style?
A: We chose to go with this bodice style because it is hands down our best seller. If you want to have more options, feel free to checkout our Custom Dirndl Experience.
Q: What if I purchase the One-of-a-Kind Sale Dirndl and then I end up not liking any of the fabrics you have?
A: We have a ton of fabrics here… so we guarantee that we can find a fabric in stock that you will love or we will give you your money back. How does that sound!?
Q: Since this sale is only 1 day... how can I prepare?
A: Great question! You are right, the day of the sale is not the time to figure out what size you are. There are 3 things you can do: #1) know what size you are. #2) know what colors you want our dirndl to be. #3) decide whether you want a short or longer length dirndl.
Q: Can I customize this dirndl further if I pay more?
A: No... but if you want to be more involved in the design process, have in home and virtual fittings, then it sounds like you are interested in a Custom Dirndl. Learn more about Custom Dirndls by Clicking Here.
Q: Does the One-of-a-Kind Sale Dirndl come with a blouse?
A: Nope. We have a variety of styles on our website or you can have a custom blouse made to match your dirndl. Click here to see all our blouses.
Q: Can I put more that just the dirndl in my cart? If so, when will it ship?
A: Of course you can! You are welcome to order any blouses, bloomers or accessories that you’d like. In terms of shipping, we’d love to send everything together, but if you want your other items earlier… no prob.
Q: What about shipping?
A: Orders over $100 qualify for FREE shipping in the United States … so your OOAK Sale Dirndl will be shipped via USPS Priority mail for FREE. You can upgrade to UPS if you’d prefer. Fees apply for packages shipping outside of the US.
Q: Can I use Afterpay for this purchase
A: YES! However, because this is a super fast/time sensitive sale we HIGHLY RECOMMEND signing up ahead of time and making sure it’s set up properly before the sale. If you do it as the sale is live you may miss your chance.
Q: What happens if I’m not fast enough and don’t get my order in?
A: Unfortunately that is the nature of this sale and there isn’t anything we can do about it. Last year we sold out 40 pieces in 27 minutes. But we still have plenty of awesome dirndls on our website to choose from!
Q: Will you do this sale again in the future? I’m not ready right now.
A: The last time we did this sale was February 2019. Perhaps it will be an annual thing… but we can’t make those kinds of promises.
Q: I’m still confused and have questions!
A: No worries! E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (312) 806-5099 and we will be happy to answer all your questions.