German-American’s Guide to Taurus Season
As we move out of the fiery energy of Aries, we get to our most rooted sign, Taurus. This is kind of a funny time of year, as the Aries energy of spring has been screaming “We’re ready to go out in the world!” And then Taurus season comes along and wants to get cozy and stay home, not quite ready to get out and about. When do you leave the comfort of your home, Taurus season is the perfect time to be out in nature, breathe in the smells, quiet down and listen, and remember that you are in a human body (probably, if you’re reading this).
On May 2 Taurus’ ruler Venus moves from dreamy Pisces into feisty Aries for the next three weeks, giving us the energy and inspiration to start new creative projects, scheme bold new ways to make money, and take some risks, romance-wise. And we’ve entered eclipse season, so look for the Taurus New Moon Solar Eclipse on April 30–a great time to set some new intentions around your finances or any habits you’d like to put in place around practical matters, like paying bills on time, etc. The Scorpio Full Moon Lunar Eclipse is on May 15-16–a sort of intense one. Eclipses can feel like a lot of energy swirling around, so lay low and don’t make any major decisions if you can avoid it–just try to go with the flow and see what comes up for you.
How Taurus season might show up for you:
- Since Taurus is fixed earth, you could be feeling the need to connect to nature, or at least get grounded in your body. This could also make you feel like things are taking waaaayyyy longer than you’d like, but Taurus is here to remind us to smell the flowers, so try to enjoy things moving at a snail’s pace.
- You might be noticing the changes your surroundings are going through–the birds are more active, plants are starting to emerge, and it seems like the world is waking up a little more, energetically. How are you starting to dust off this past year and where have you gotten a hint of inspiration in this past month, Aries season?
Ways to work with the energy of Taurus season:
- If you can, sleep in on a Friday (Venus’ day) or stay in bed a little while longer, or go to bed early. Taurus loves lounging, so get those cozy clothes on as soon as you can when you get home.
- Zoosh your space! Being Venus-ruled, Taurus covers everything about our creature comforts–it’s a great time to make your space more comfortable, more luxe, more liveable. Use something you’ve been saving for a special occasion.
- Do a face mask, take a bath, use your fancy potions and lotions–enjoy your body and do something that feels luxurious.
- Do some slow movement–yoga or walking–nothing too fast or wild.
- Find a grounding meditation and follow along–Taurus is fixed earth, so especially connected to the ground, the earth, the dirt.
- Taurus likes taking Aries’ spark and turning it into a tangible thing. Do one thing with your hands this month–plant something if you have a garden, or start some seeds, do a craft or build something simple at home.
Dirndl designs for Taurus season:
- Being all about earthiness, the Zodiac Dirndl in Taurus has an organic cotton earthy sage green apron
- The corresponding colors for the bodice are shades of olive, blush, light blue and ivory.
- To channel the stability and practicality of Taurus, the fabric choices are cotton and denim.
- Similarly, for the Moon Rising Dirndl in Taurus, the apron ribbon colors are earthy shades of sage green and ivory.
Food & drink for Taurus season
To get in the Taurus spirit (pun intended), you can whip up this infused liqueur with Taurus and Venus-ruled herbs:
- 3 1/4 c rye vodka (80-100 proof)
- 15 dried apricot halves, finely chopped
- 20 green cardamom pods
- 1 cup simple syrup
Muddle the vodka, apricots + cardamom with a wooden spoon in a half-gallon jar. Seal the jar and put it in a cabinet until it smells like the fruit + spice, about 3-5 days. Strain it with a mesh strainer or cheescloth over a colander into a clean jar. Stir in the simple syrup and store in a cool place for up to a year.
- Your favorite sparkle water
- Apple juice
- Dried fig to garnish
Smash the strawberries with honey into a kind of paste/syrup. Pour over ice, add a splash of apple juice and fill the rest of the glass with your favorite sparkle water. Add a dried fig for garnish.
A delicious earthy German recipe to try this season is bread dumplings with mushrooms from Dirndl Kitchen: https://dirndlkitchen.com/youre-the-bread-to-my-dumplings/
Another great one for Taurus season could be the classis “Himmel und Erde” Heaven and Earth Potatoes & Apples. Try this recipe from Just Like Oma: https://www.quick-german-recipes.com/himmel-und-erde.html
About the Author: Lacey Prpić Hedtke is an astrologer, photographer, public artist and witch, who runs The Future–a space and shop in Minneapolis for artists and witches. You can find more at:
Please note that some of the links in select posts are affiliate links and, at no additional cost to you, I earn a small commission if you make a purchase.
As always, ideas and opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own. - Erika